Money Monday: Get Davis, CA Student Discounts & Freebies
Today education is more expensive than ever. Even as total overt costs soar, there are Sneaky, Hidden Costs of College Life. Fortunately the world offers students good discounts (and sometimes freebies) on a variety of good and services.
Some of these discounts are so good the Lifehacker has found a few ways to get Student Discounts for Life.
You can get discounts at major online retailers like Amazon, national chains like Burger King or even local Mom & Pop stores in Davis. In most cases the student discount isn’t displayed in the store so ask about it everywhere you shop, especially in Davis.
DavisWiki has an ever increasing list of Davis businesses that offer student discounts and freebies. You can even plan your dining around them.
By Day of the Week
- Sam’s Mediterranean – free drink with a falafel
- Jake’s Desserts – $1 scoop 5-10 p.m.
- Ohana Hawaiian BBQ – $1 fish tacos
- Baskin-Robbins – single-scoop dollar ice cream 6 p.m.-10pm (E Street Plaza)
- $6.50 Movie Tuesday – Regal Stadium 5 and Holiday Cinema 6
- Del Taco – 3 tacos for $1.09 (59¢ each, regularly) 3 p.m.-11 p.m.
- El Toro Bravo – $1 tacos
- Starbucks – buy one, get one free lattes and mochas
-Can this be verified by anyone? Doesn’t work on F-Street.
- Sudwerk – $1 Pint Night (not counting $3.25 cover charge)
- Tres Hermanas – $1 Pint Night (no cover!)
- Dot Island Grill – $5 chicken katsu
- Ohana Hawaiian BBQ – $5 chicken katsu
- Sudwerk – $1 beers, $2 wells
- The Graduate – Electro Night: $1 beers, $2 wells
- 7-Eleven – free 7.11 oz. Slurpees in specially-marked cups every 7/11 (July 11)
Here is the DavisWiki list of UC Davis student discounts:
- House of Chang – 10% off of bill for all students.
- Absolute Cellular – Some nebulous “UCD student discount.”
- Aella Boutique – 20% discount everyday on most items for all students and faculty.
- APEX Cycles – 5-10% discount on all bicycle parts and accessories along with $15 off any Tune-Up, $13 flat fixes (Tube, Tax & Labor… 2nd cheapest in town)
- Apple Computer – 10%-20% discount off retail for students, faculty and staff
- Cooks Collision of Davis – Free headlight restoration to any UC Davis students that LIKE the Cooks Collision of Davis Facebook page. Message on Facebook or call the office to schedule. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooks-Collision-of-Davis/336408263071364
- Davis Auto Care & Fleet Service Center – 20% discount for all students and faculty
- Free Software – You don’t have to buy Microsoft Word to write your term paper. There are open source, free office suites from OpenOffice andNeoOffice, as well as open source alternatives to most commercial software.
- Get a free campus mug when you move into the dorms.
- Golden 1 Credit Union Free Checking Account and free box of checks with student checking. Free online check deposit via scanner.
- Lamppost Pizza – Ten percent discount on pizzas with Aggie Card.
- OfficeMax – UCD Students receive a 10% discount on printing, copying and binding services in OfficeMax’s ImPress copy center.
- Outlet Coworking– $50 off your monthly Resident Membership to our coworking space in Midtown Sacramento with student ID
- Screaming Squeegee – Free preprinted t-shirts, pens, and useful gadgets with their logo usually available to students.
- Yolobus – Everyone knows that UCD undergrads can ride Unitrans for free (well, they technically pay for this privilege with their ASUCD fees), but what is less well known is that undergrads can ride Yolobus for free also just flash your student ID. Note that grad/professional students don’t pay ASUCD fees, so they have to pay full fare for Yolobus and Unitrans.
- USE Credit Union Free Checking Account, free online bill pay, no monthly fee, & deposit checks online via scanner. Earn $25 for referring a new member. (Up to $150 cash). $25 for being the new referred member.
- Wok of Flame – 10% off of bill with UCD ID.
- Job Fair – Need a pen? pencil? frisbee? buttons? You can get all this for free when UCD offer its Job Fair every year.
- 2nd Street Storage – Students may rent a 30 day minimum and only pay 1/2 of the refundable security deposit with Student ID
- Luci’s Salon -$5 off services or 20% off services over $120
If you think these discounts don’t make up for the costs of your education, remember what Eppie Lederer (writing as Ann Landers) once said: