On Campus or Off Campus? Which Apartment is Best for you?
For many first-time apartment hunters, one of the first decisions you will have to make when selecting your Davis apartment home is deciding to live on-campus or off-campus.
With three Tandem properties offering apartments on the UC Davis campus (The Atriums, Russell Park, and The Colleges at La Rue) we’re big fans of the convenience and lifestyle an on-campus location can provide.
After years of encouraging residents to select the best fitting community, we’ve also learned that life in Aggie central is a size that does not fit everyone. So, to help you with your Davis apartment search, here are four signs that life on campus might NOT be the best fit for you:
Four Signs On-Campus Living Might Not be Your First Choice
- You didn’t get along well with your roommates. Sometimes roommate disagreements are about compatibility, but we can all have trouble if we don’t have space and quiet to rejuvenate. If your ideal living environment includes a bit more elbow room, a community like Adobe at Evergreen with spacious private suites, or Arlington Farm with huge living areas, might be where you belong.
- You need options. On-campus housing options are limited. If you want the freedom to select from more varied floor plans, branching out beyond campus to communities that offer townhouses, flats, lofts, or suite-style spaces might be better for you. Casitas and Chautauqua are a great place to start if you want to see a wide variety of floor plan types.
- You had trouble sleeping in the dorms. On-campus properties tend to hum with activity. Populations are dense and active. If the living sounds of a busy community are more than white-noise for you, life a bit more removed from the campus scene, or a smaller community like Chaparral might be your best fit.
- Your neighborhood matters to you. Whether you need coffee, cough drops, or a quick bite with friends, being close to a shopping center has its perks. Plus nothing beats living in a neighborhood with easy parking and tree-lined streets. Click here to explore your potential surroundings with our Davis Neighborhood Guide and decide which area of Davis is best for you.
Need More Help Getting Started?
- View our Guide to Getting Started with more tips for starting your housing search.
- Whether on-campus or off-campus living sounds like it’s the right match for you, remember that with 14 properties, Tandem’s here to help you find your perfect fit! Message us today and we’ll help you find your apartment in Davis!