Davis Summer Fun 101
If you’re stuck at home thinking there is nothing to do this summer, think again! There are many fun things to try that are just beyond your front door! Here are some ideas of ways to beat the boredom and have some fun before it’s time to hit the books again this fall!
(1) The pool is a GREAT place to start. Many of our Tandem Properties have done some updating in their pool and common areas- so step outside and jump in! Consider making it extra fun with some added flair, find them at your local store, or online here!
(2) The Davis Farmer’s Market is always a good time. Enjoy some great food, grab some fresh produce, and listen to some live music. Here is a schedule of dates. Consider biking to the event to enjoy a few hours outside with some of your besties. You can’t beat their breakfast sandwiches and fresh smoothies!
(3) Enjoy a fun summer evening on the Davis Bike Loop. We have some of the best bike paths for bike riding in the area. Try a trail that you’ve never traveled before (find fun biking tip here) – and you might be surprised! If you do not have a bike of your own, or have friends in town that might need a bike to tag along, find bike rentals here!
(4) Channel your inner kitchen creativity, and make something new. But first, head out to Impossible Acres, a cute U-Pick local farm, to get the freshest option there is before creating that berry cobbler or fruit pastry!
(5) Try a new class! The UC Davis campus offers many fun classes year round, but have some great summer options too! Try out a new class at the ARC (schedule here), Craft Center (schedule here), or adventure with Outdoor Adventures (info here).
(7) If you have a car, or convenient transportation, here are a few fun things to do in the Sacramento Area:
Drive In Movies: Link here for times, pricing, and location.
Mini Golf: No need to hit the driving range, when you can put around here!
Lake Natoma: Live the lake life at Lake Natoma, details here.
Whatever you choose to do, get out there, try something new, and have some good ‘ole fun!