Volunteer Opportunities in Davis This Holiday Season
Davis is a very generous community, and we depend heavily on our volunteers to help keep our less fortunate citizens afloat. There are many opportunities to give back this season.
- The next time you’re food shopping, add a couple of extra cans of protein or fruits/veggies or other non-perishables in your cart then donate them to a STEAC or Yolo County Food Bank.
- Buy a toy for a needy child and donate it in the Toys for Tots bin in Nugget Market or to another children’s organization.
- Volunteer your time at a meals for the needy program like Davis Community Meals located at at the Episcopal Church of St. Martin in west Davis.
- Programs like Meals on Wheels or the Elderly Nutrition Program in Yolo County are always looking for extra help.
- If you’re a good listener, senior centers like are full of residents who have fascinating stories to share and who are particularly lonely this time of year: Eleanor Roosevelt Circle, University Retirement Center, Atria Covell Gardens, Courtyard Healthcare Center, Shasta Point Retirement Community.
- Check out Davis Wiki, Volunteer Match, Sutter Davis Hospital, Davis Community Network, or Davis Hospice.
Still stumped? Call your favorite house of worship or the Yolo County Library and ask how you can help.