Volunteer Opportunities in Davis This Holiday Season
Davis is a very generous community, and we depend heavily on our volunteers to help keep our less fortunate citizens afloat. There are many opportunities to give back this season.
- The next time you’re food shopping, add a couple of extra cans of protein or fruits/veggies or other non-perishables in your cart then donate them to a STEAC or Yolo County Food Bank.
- Buy a toy for a needy child and donate it in the Toys for Tots bin in Nugget Market or to another children’s organization.
- Volunteer your time at a meals for the needy program like Davis Community Meals located at at the Episcopal Church of St. Martin in west Davis.
- Programs like Meals on Wheels or the Elderly Nutrition Program in Yolo County are always looking for extra help.
- If you’re a good listener, senior centers like are full of residents who have fascinating stories to share and who are particularly lonely this time of year: Eleanor Roosevelt Circle, University Retirement Center, Atria Covell Gardens, Courtyard Healthcare Center, Shasta Point Retirement Community.
- Check out Davis Wiki, Volunteer Match, Sutter Davis Hospital, Davis Community Network, or Davis Hospice.