Race to Burn off Calories and Raise Money at the Running of the Turkeys – Thanksgiving Day
Once the turkey is in the oven and the table is set, you’ll have time to kill. If you’re wondering where all of the local funsters will be next Thursday morning, they’ll be prophylactically burning off calories at the 5th Annual Running of the Turkeys.
Details on this Yolo County Food Bank fundraiser are below:
- Date: Thanksgiving morning ~ Thursday, November 28, 2013
- Time: Race starts at 8:00 a.m. Same day registration and packet pick up starts at 7:00 a.m.
- Distance: 5K walk or run:
- Ages 18+, on or before November 7 ~ $25
- Ages 18+, November 8 through November 27 ~ $30
- Ages 18 & up, on race day ~ $35
- Ages 6-17, now through race day ~ $15
- Ages 5 & under ~ free
Prizes will be awarded by Yolo County VIPs for the best dressed team and best dressed individual.
Runners are encouraged to bring frozen turkeys and canned foods for donation on race day.
For more information, to check out the fun photos from past races, or to register, please click on the link above. See you on race day!