What's *Your* Excuse? "Bueller? Bueller?"
As the fall weather descends (and let’s face it, it’s ugly outside today), the temptation is strong in many UC Davis students to curl up in bed, pull the covers over your head, and nestle down until spring comes again. Alas, real life intrudes and work and school must be attended.
If you do decide to cop out and call in sick (like Ferris Bueller did, to the right, on his notorious day off), you’d better have a plausible and original excuse. Career Builder recently compiled some favorite excuses used by people desperate for a mental health day. They include:
- Employee’s sobriety tool wouldn’t allow the car to start
- Employee forgot he had been hired for the job
- Employee said her dog was having a nervous breakdown
- Employee’s dead grandmother was being exhumed for a police investigation
- Employee’s toe was stuck in a faucet
- Employee said a bird bit her
- Employee was upset after watching “The Hunger Games”
- Employee got sick from reading too much
- Employee was suffering from a broken heart
- Employee’s hair turned orange from dying her hair at home
What’s your excuse?