Tech Tuesday: Price Comparison Apps to Save You Money
Over at Lifehack.org, Paul Mooney has a great round-up of 30 Best Price-Comparison Apps You Need to Download Now. Here are a few we use all the time:
1. RedLaser: Get the Best Price for Anything
RedLaser (left) is still one of the best QR code readers and barcode scanners around, because not only can you scan products and find the best prices—the app also has lots of coupon options and the ability to store loyalty cards. (Find it on iTunes and Google Play.)
3. Sell Textbooks for Cash: Compare the Best Prices for Your Old Books (below):
Students know that textbooks can represent a big expense. Compare the websites that will pay you the most money for them with this app you can find on iTunes or Google Play.
13. Grocery Exchange: Compare Food Prices
The Grocery Exchange app lets food buyers share and compare the prices of the items they find in the store. Check it out on iTunes.
16. Gas Buddy: Find Inexpensive Gasoline (below):
More than 40 million people use Gas Buddy to discover the cheapest gas nearby. (iTunes and Google Play.)
17. Gas Guru: Cheap Gas Prices (right)
Gas Guru is another highly visual iTunes and Google Play app that allows users to find the best gas prices near them.
18. Fuel Finder: Discount Gas in the U.S. and Canada
Fuel Finder is another popular gasoline app on iTunes and Google Play that visually displays the cheapest fuel prices nearby.