Safely Move Stuff to Your Davis Apartment
Now that we’ve covered the basics of how to pack up your home with minimal sturm and drang, we’re going to attack the actual moving to your new Tandem apartment in Davis. We recommend your start by shoving your fingers in your ears and yelling “la-la-la-la” as you run down the street.
The following are lessons learned about moving from this experience and the 14 times I’ve moved previously:
- As previously stated, if you can afford it, hire professional movers to take care of the move for you.
- If you can’t hire movers, the first thing you should do is have a lot of drinking water and food on hand. You don’t want to get dehydrated or hungry during this process. You need as much energy as possible to keep you going and in a good mood.
- When loading a moving truck or van, I like to put the heaviest objects in a U-shape against the sides and back wall of the space. Mattresses, couches, dining tables, and dressers are the things that I usually load first.
- Use blankets to wrap the objects and keep them from being damaged.
- In the open space at the center of the van, I stack the heaviest boxes in a single layer on the floor. Then, I build up boxes from heaviest to lightest and from back to front. Since you tried your best to get absolutely everything into boxes, you shouldn’t have much left after creating your tower of boxes.
For more helpful tips on moving your stuff to your new Tandem apartment in Davis, we recommend following this link to Unclutterer.com.