Your moving countdown checklist.
Future Tandem residents, Apartment Therapy has a great moving countdown checklist which includes tips like:
One Month Before
- Start the purge: It is never too early to start clearing out the clutter that builds up and the longer that you live in a place, the more clutter there is. To make it less overwhelming, just take it one room at a time.
- Order Moving Supplies: Boxes, bubble wrap, tape, and markers can add up cost wise, but if you order ahead of time from a place like U-Line, you can save money.
- Inventory and Insure Valuables: Sometimes we put tasks like these on the back burner, but now is the time to take inventory of your valuables and make sure they are properly insured.
- Utilities: Contact your utilities to arrange cancellation and setup of new utilities.
- Records: Obtain school and medical records if moving far away and/or changing schools.
Two Weeks Before
- Hold a Garage Sale: The closer to the move that you wait, the more you might have to sell, and a little extra cash can help offset the moving costs.
- Fill out change of address forms at the local post office or online at USPS.
- Update newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
For those of you closer to your move-in date, check out the rest of the article here.