How to Negotiate the Best Deal for Anything
Everyone loves to get a bargain. Unfortunately, here in the U.S. our culture doesn’t teach haggling or bargaining, which is too bad. It’s a great tool and can serve you well whether you’re angling for a discount on your rent at your Tandem apartment or a promotion and raise. Just last week, we were able to knock $60 a month off our utilities simply by calling and asking (and threatening to switch to a different provider).
If you find yourself in a position where you think there’s a better deal to be had, here are some handy tips from Lifehack.org:
- Ask if you can get a better price.
- Be polite.
- Find the person in charge.
- Schedule haggling sessions for the right time of day.
- Pay in cash.
- Ask about sales.
- Request discounts on foods that are about to expire.
- Use rewards points.
- Watch for price scanner errors.
- Join store loyalty clubs.
- Research the best price.
Want more suggestions? Click on the link above for eleven more tips to help you get the best possible deal.
Image credit: www.thebestmedicalbusinesssolutions.com