A Mother's Advice to Her College-Bound Daughter (Also Applies to Sons)
We stumbled over these five tips on HuffPo, and thought you might appreciate seeing them without the actual nagging, buzzing sound of your mother’s voice in your ear.
1. Spend the first semester getting to know people and making friends rather than hooking up.
2. Spend a lot of time getting to know the opposite sex as friends so that you learn about their character.
3. Watch your alcohol intake. Too much alcohol leads to dis-inhibition, which may lead to sex that you may regret.
4. Say no to sex if you are not interested — and say it firmly.
5. Remember that it can take years to change a reputation, if you are ever able to change it at all.
Have fun in college. And stay safe!