Davis Apartment Holiday Safety Tips
There’s no place like home for the holidays! As you travel across town–or across the country–to spend time with loved ones, the last thing you want to worry about is the security of items left behind in your Davis apartment. As much as the holidays mean twinkling lights, nostalgic music, and family gatherings, they are also a time of increased crime rates around the country.
To help give our residents peace of mind, Tandem is partnering with Sacramento Elite Patrol to help monitor our Davis and Woodland apartment communities during the holiday season!
We can’t tackle crime alone though. Here are some tips for making this a team effort:
Home & Car Safety Tips
- Make sure you lock your front door, windows, and garages
- Lock your valuables in a safe within your home
- Remove any “hidden” keys
- Before traveling, contact the Postal Service to put your mail on “hold” and do not schedule packages to arrive while you are away
- Do not leave any valuables in the car (this includes cords!)
- Consider putting lights, TVs, or radios on timers
- Do not post about your travel plans on social media
- Purchase an affordable renter’s insurance policy for added protection. Here’s one option from UC Davis Student Housing.
Bike Safety Tips
Did you know bike theft is the #1 reported crime in the City of Davis?
- Before leaving town, bring your bike inside your apartment and lock it securely
- To dramatically increase the chance of recovery if your bike is stolen, register your bike with the University of California Transportation Department at (530) 752-TAPS
- Write down your bicycle’s serial number. This is vital to have when making a police report!
- Engrave something distinctive such as your driver’s license number on your bike
Download the Guide
Many holiday crimes are crimes of opportunity. Help us work together to prevent crime by practicing these tips. Download a printable version here.
Contact Sacramento Elite
Call Sacramento Elite Dispatch directly at (916) 706-1209 with any concerns about loud noise or suspicious activity when our offices are closed.
We Welcome Your Feedback
We hope you all enjoy your holidays and this new benefit to our communities! Please contact us or stop into our office and let us know your thoughts on the new security service.